This Vegan Cheese Dip is thick, rich, creamy, and remarkably queso-like! Satisfy your cheese craving with this healthy alternative.
Chips and Dip!! How I love to dip! I also love Mexican food and back when I ate dairy, I would go to Mexican restaurants and order big bowls of queso and salsa and make that my meal. Not exactly the healthiest thing to do, but I need plenty of room for chips and queso, you see. It was my favorite indulgence!
I decided that giving up dairy wasn’t going to stop me from my menage a trois with chips and queso! Queso- you’re still my main squeeze, you just needed a makeover. Now you are more beautiful than ever!
What goes in vegan cheese dip
This is the real deal y’all! It’s rich, creamy, flavorful-it has umami! Best of all, it’s made with healthy, simple ingredients. The only one you may not have is nutritional yeast. I could talk all day about nutritional yeast! It saved me in the early days of dairy withdrawal. If you haven’t tried it, you must get some! It’s got a cheesy, nutty flavor that can sprinkled on all kinds of things and it can be used to make dips and sauces, like this one. It’s good for you to boot!
The other ingredients you need are potatoes, carrots, cashews, unsweetened almond milk, pickled jalapenos plus it’s juice, garlic powder, onion powder, rice vinegar, tomato paste and salt. Can you believe those ingredients make a beautiful queso-like dip!? They do and it’s scrape-the bowl-good!
So easy to make
You will need a high speed blender for this recipe to get the creamy consistency and you will need to soak or boil your cashews. I usually just boil mine right along with the potatoes and carrots. Then, you just put everything in your blender and blend until smooth. I use a Vitamix and blend until it heats it up for me- about 5 to 6 minutes. Alternatively, you can blend and then heat in a saucepan on the stove.
This dip is good right away and it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Use it as a dip for chips and veggies or top nachos and tacos! I sometimes add a can of Rotel– it gives it that kick I crave! Topping suggestions- fresh or pickled jalapenos, pico de gallo, cilantro, green onions, hot sauce- get creative and get dipping!
Vegan Cheese Dip
- 1 cup potatoes diced and boiled
- 1/2 cup carrots diced and boiled
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked or boiled
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast buy here
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened – buy here
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel and dice the potatoes and carrots.
- Boil the carrots, potatoes, and cashews until soft, about 20-25 minutes. Alternatively, you can use soaked cashews.
- Add everything to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. if using a Vitamix, blend until warm. Alternatively, you can heat on stove or in microwave.
- Top with jalapenos, pico de gallo, cilantro, or your favorite toppings. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies.
The Busy Mom's Dairy Free Shopping Guide!
Join our mailing list to receive "The Busy Mom's Dairy-Free Shopping Guide"