Warm and creamy vegan spinach and artichoke dip is the perfect dish to take to your next gathering! It’s so delicious and everyone loves it! Serve with toasted baguette or tortilla chips.
Who doesn’t love a good dip or spread? Dips are definitely my favorite type of appetizer/snack and something I love to make and share.
This warm vegan spinach and artichoke dip is a remake of a recipe that I was given in college. A friend of mine worked as a waitress at a very popular restaurant that served this fabulous spinach and artichoke dip.
Of course I had to have the recipe, so I decided to pay her a little visit at work in hopes of running into the chef; a little flattery paid off! I got the recipe and made my own little tweaks- I made this dip all the time!
Of course after adopting a vegan diet, I had to make a dairy-free version that was just as delicious and this warm vegan spinach and artichoke is the result!
It’s creaminess will definitely fool any non-vegan friends, which is why it’s the perfect dish to share. It’s also so easy to make!
So What Do You Need?
For warm vegan spinach and artichoke dip, you will need frozen chopped spinach, onion, garlic, olive oil, and batch of my homemade Vegan Sour Cream recipe. The sour cream recipe is simple to make and requires only cashews, lemon, vinegar, and salt. Of course, you can use store bought vegan sour cream if you prefer.
I topped it with So Delicious Dairy Free Mozzarella Shreds, which is totally optional because this dip is amazing as is! Although, topping it with the vegan mozzarella before baking makes for a nicer presentation.
Vegan spinach and artichoke dip is best serves warm, although it’s pretty great room temperature and even cold. I like to serve it with thinly sliced toasted baguette or tortilla chips. Celery and carrot sticks would be pretty great too! For a spicy twist, try topping it with fresh jalapenos and cilantro- YUM!
This dip will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, although it will probably be gone way before that! It’s just too good!
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments section.
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 20 oz chopped spinach frozen
- 14 oz artichoke hearts canned
- 1 cup vegan sour cream see recipe
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch cayenne optional
- 1 cup dairy-free mozzarella shreds optional, I used So Delicious Mozzarella Shreds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw spinach in a strainer and pat dry to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or sauce pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add fresh garlic and saute for an additional minute or until fragrant.
- Add spinach, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir together and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour into an 8×8 or 9 inch baking dish and top with dairy-free mozzarella shreds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese in melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with toasted baguette or tortilla chips.
- Happy Eating!
The Busy Mom's Dairy Free Shopping Guide!
Join our mailing list to receive "The Busy Mom's Dairy-Free Shopping Guide"